Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Dedicated

Sunday was a special day at the Francl household.  Not only was it the middle day of a 3 day weekend (which is definitely worth noting), but it was also Dedication Day for our Liliana.  We don't believe in baptizing babies, because we believe that baptism is something that a person does after making a conscious decision to make Christ the Lord of his/her life.  

So, instead of baptism, what we do to show our desire for Lily to follow the Lord is to dedicate her to His will for her life.  In front of our church, we stood with Lily and our Pastor and committed to raise her, to the best of our ability, to know the love of Christ and the truth of the Bible.  Maybe to you that's not a big deal, but to us, it's huge.  

The responsibility of raising Lily in a safe, loving home where she's nourished and nurtured is awesome.  The responsibility of raising her in such a way that she sees God's work in our lives and experiences His love through us... that's almost overwhelming.  It's a comfort to know that when we are weakest, that's when God is strongest in us.  

I feel weak.  I'm tired.  I'm not able.  I can't do it.

"But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power will rest on me."  2 Cor. 12: 19

So I'm basking in His grace.  I'm reveling in His grace.  I'm swimming, diving, drowning in His grace.  It's a relief that I can't do it all.  That I get to dedicate my baby to a God who I sometimes don't understand, but who I can trust implicitly.  He loves her more than I do - I can't understand how that's possible, but He does.  And His plan for her life is perfect, exactly perfect for her.  I can't control it, but I can do my part.  That's what I'll do, by His grace and for His glory.  

Here are Chase and Lily at the lake (thanks for having us Greg and Karen!) after the dedication.  It was Lily's first time in her swimming suit, which she liked.  It was also her first time putting her feet on the sand, in the lake.  She wasn't much of a fan of the cold water... a daughter after my own heart!  :)  


This next set of pictures is from a photo shoot that one of our dear friends did with Lily for her 8 month pictures (Thanks Kathy!!!!).  What a blessing to have these!





My mom watches Lily one day a week for me, and my mom has 2 cats.  When they come into the room where Lily is, she gets super excited... the cats not so much.  Below is one of the cats, Princess Persia Puff Tail (don't ask...) who is clearly not as excited to see Lily as Lily is to see her.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment