Sunday, July 26, 2015

Snippets of summer

Today someone asked me if I'm ready for #3, like mentally ready.  And really, I think I am.  I'm not at all, but I am as much as any mother ever is to welcome her little one into the world.  We've still got a ways to go - I'll start my 3rd trimester in the coming week, and for that time, I am grateful.  

But I feel like summer is slipping away (because it is!), and before I know it Bitty Bear will be in our arms.  Really, we have just a few things left to do and he'll be here.  First there'll be the fair, then there's all the work to finish at my work, then we'll dedicate a new building at my job, and our little family of 4 will take our last vacation as just 4 (plus one really big belly).  By the time we get back, I'll have a chance to do a bunch of laundry and cleaning, and viola!  Baby will be here!  

In the mean time, here are some snippets from this summer.  A summer I am loving and days I cherish. 

My Lily with her "lily tigers."

Walking to the pool with a friend.

The pool is best with friends!

In 12 years, this could truly be a reality...
YIKES!!!!

This little guy couldn't stay off the field when his daddy played.
He spent the games trying to get into the dugouts and onto the field.

The 4th of July sparklers with Daddy and Aunt Kayla.

Celebrating America's Independence together.

What Lily spent the 4th doing with her girl cousins at Grandpa's farm.

And she rode on this with the cousins too.
And she pretended to drive it when it was parked.

And so did he.  He even made the "vroom, vrooooooooom"
noises to go with it, and tried to shift it into gear.
This boy pays attention to what the older boys do.

A visit from dear friends.  These two tender hearts
are "kindred spirits" I think.

PLAYDOH!!!

A special flight for some special kids.
(Truly, are they not the cutest!?!)

The 4-seater plane.

The kids got to play in the plane after their flight.  They flew to
Africa to see exotic animals and to far away places to fight for justice.

Puppet shows at the library.  I love this picture of Lily's little friend!
I hope your summer is filled with such snippets.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment