Saturday, February 6, 2016

With this ring, I thee wed

Yesterday, Lily decided at some point that she wanted to plan a wedding for Chase and me.  Not our real wedding, but a pretend wedding.  She would be the flower girl, and I would wear my dress, and Chase would wear his tux (she settled for his suit), and Connor would be the ring bearer, and Spencer would watch.  And we’d do it at Grandma’s house. 
 
We’ve been sick all week until today (fevers started last Sunday and made the rounds until today, Saturday, we’re all “healthy” save for a couple of runny noses), and we didn’t have anything planned, so we went with it.  Lily planned it all, made the “flower petals” she threw down the aisle, selected rings from her dress up box for us to exchange, and instructed Connor on how to be a proper ring bearer.  Here is the result:
 
 
The wedding planner models her shoes.
 
The jewelry selection.
 
Dressing the bride.
 
The processional.
 
 
  
 
 
 
  
I take you to be my wedded spouse,
 
to have and to hold from this day forward,
 
for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health
 
to love and to cherish, forsaking all others,
 
till death do us part, according to God's holy ordinances. 

This is my solemn vow.

Well done, little one.
 
For richer.
 
RECEPTION FOOD!!!!
 
 
 
It was really the sweetest experience.  I hope this and so many other experiences in life prepare my little girl for the very special day she may one day have.  A day where she is pampered, and beautiful, and FEELS beautiful, and cherished, and where a man worthy of her waits at the end of a long aisle to pledge his life to her and hers to him.  And I hope that her experience in marriage will be like mine: blessed.
 
A few notes –
  1. That is really my dress and I actually still have the shoes I wore too.  It was nice to get another use out of them!  And to my bridesmaids/attendants who tied up the bustle – NICE WORK!!! That was complicated business!
  2. Lily and Chase spent part of the morning making the flower petals Lily threw.  The world nearly ended when Connor messed with them a couple of hours before the wedding.
  3. My tiara (Snow White crown), clip on green flower earrings, and Hello Kitty necklace were loaned to me by my wedding planner.
  4. We walked down the aisle to Cannon in D, compliments of Chase’s iPhone.
  5. Please excuse the state of my mom’s house – she’s painting the living room.  But house renovations can’t get in the way of true love.
  6. In lieu of wedding cake, we opted for cotton candy.  Thanks Aunt Kayla and Uncle Tony for the cotton candy machine!
  7. There was a brief dance party afterwards - this is different from the first wedding where we did not have a dance.  But thanks to Nicole getting married this summer, Lily pointed out that weddings had dances after them.
  8. Photo credits:  Becky Deichmann

 

No comments:

Post a Comment