Friday, November 23, 2012

Everyday Thanksgiving

Did Thanksgiving really happen?  Has it come and gone so soon?  What did your Thanksgiving look like?  To evidence that it did, indeed, happen, here are a few pictures from our Thanksgiving, and perhaps you can relate:

1.  The Black Friday ads.  The paper on Thanksgiving Day weighed at least 50 lbs.  Seriously.  Poor paper boy.


2.  Pumpkin Pie.  Would a Thanksgiving feast of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, sweet potatoes, pink jello, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, butterhorns, and all other matter of Thanksgiving goodness be complete without this grand finale?  I can say definitively: no.  It would not.  


3.  After combing through the ads, eating a hearty feast, falling into a feast-induced coma (ie afternoon nap), and waking energized again, we dove straight from Thanksgiving into Christmas baking.  It was delicious!


Here's my "thankful list" for the year... (of course there are the "big" things like family, friends, relationships, my Savior, etc [and not necessarily in that order] for which I'm thankful, but there are regular things too that I feel like often get overlooked.)  Fannel sheets, winter coats, quality boots that last more than one season, new life, spacious homes (though ours is not), our non-spacious home, heat, small space heaters, finger nail clippers, hair brushes, pantries, full pantries, fridges/freezers, full fridges/freezers, my Corelle dishes I got for my wedding (I love them more all the time - SO glad I got the pattern I love, even if it cost a bit more), faithful 4-legged friends, a good vet, time, a big garage, a fenced yard, the mailman, a job, a desk, an office with 4 finished walls (that will come to fruition next week!), a small town, big cities, my minivan (do NOT threaten to take it away from me - I will fight for it to the death!), a changing table that is the right height for our tall family, a nice shower head, disposable diapers, cloth diapers, PACIFIERS, extension cords, books, children's books, bookshelves, Christmas decorations, my Christmas tree skirt (it is beautiful - I cannot wait to get it out on Sunday!), cupboard doors to hide everything away, the color red, and cinnamon rolls with frosting.  Those are the things that come immediately to mind anyway.  :)  

And of course, to top them all is this little treasure:


She's mommy's big helper when I cook or bake, getting me everything from our pantry that I don't need.  If I spend much time in the kitchen at all, I end up having to repack my pantry because she is such a good helper.  And I love every second of it!


Of course, it's also true that my little helper would never have been possible without my big helper.  The one who's stood by my side for nearly 13 years now (although I did dump him twice...) as first boyfriend and for the last 7 1/2 years as husband.  There's a line in one of my favorite country songs that goes, "I couldn't ask for more, wouldn't settle for less."  And that's just how I feel.  Thank you, Chase, for your time, effort, and all that you put into our marriage to make it so much better than I could have dreamed.


It's a day late in coming and a little disjointed at best, but this is what I've been thinking about this Thanksgiving, and thanking the One who made it all happen.  And now that Thanksgiving is past (I've been anxiously awaiting this opportunity!), Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment