Sunday, January 6, 2013

2012 in review

Can it really be more than 2 weeks since I last blogged?  I've had so many blog ideas float through my head, but they all have seemed to escape me when I sat down at my computer to type - that's a sure sign that I shouldn't yet be blogging.  The best ideas stick in my mind; they take a couple of weeks of consideration to take shape, and then they come to life on my computer screen.  Lately, I've had nothing.

In the last 2 weeks, we've entered a new year.  I sort of coasted into 2013 wishing for time to reflect on 2012, to cherish again every blessed moment and learn again from every misstep.  I wished for that time of reflection, but I didn't have it.  I entered 2013 grasping backwards for more seconds, minutes to spend.  But none were there.  Instead, Father Time handed me Baby New Year 2013, and we were off and I had to play catch up.

So here I am with my New Year's resolutions barely underway, (but at least in order and giving me something for which to reach) and now I have a moment to reflect.  What better way to reflect now than to see the year in review...

 Lily was just over 3 months old on New Years last year.

Visiting with Great Grandpa Jerry.  So thankful he's home and well right now! 

 First bite of "real food" (i.e. cereal) at 5 months.

Helping Mommy at work - best motivation EVER!

First vacation.  We went to Texas to see dear friends - bff Cecily and her mommy Gina.  Little did we know then that Cecily would have a new baby sister before the year was out.  Welcome to the world Ava!

Hangin' with Great Grandma Dorothy and cousin Ella at Easter.

Easter adorableness.  I could just eat her up!!!

One of my favorite pictures of all time.  I can NOT get enough of those cheeks!!!

Snuggling Great Grandma Jewel - so lucky to have so many great grandparents to snuggle!

Wedding shower for Kendra!!! Was that really this last summer...

I love my life. I couldn't ask for more, wouldn't settle for less.

No better way to spend a weekend than at the lake.

Naked.

At cousin Abby's beautiful wedding! Lily had her first really high fever that night too.  :(

*sigh* Love that girl.

She is so my fav.

"Bye-bye!"

Said goodbye to Brook, the black dog, this fall.  She was a faithful friend.  Still have and love Frazier - he's so good with Lily.

SO tired.

Growing up WAY too fast!

This was the first night she really started copying me during her night time routine - combing her hair, cleaning her ears.  She's clearly a genius.

"Touchdown!"  ...something I wish she could have said a bit more about the Huskers this year.  

Snuggling with Sarah - a common sight over the summer.  :)

A shared birthday with Uncle Chet - went to visit his grave that day.  I want her to know that he is part of her story - I feel like they're connected in a very special way.

Little party at home with Mom and Dad for the big O-N-E!

Big Hello Kitty party with family and friends - thanks for celebrating with us!

First flight on the way down to Florida for a cruise.  She was an ANGEL on the flights!  She chased a little 2 year old boy in the airport too.  He was scared to death of her - it was hilarious!

The cruise that wasn't.  We spent a night on the ship in the port before Hurricane Sandy forced us to disembark and pursue other options for entertainment.

Hogwarts!!!!!  A fair substitution for a cruise, if I do say so myself.

The non-cruise wore all of us out.  Lil and I snuggled and slept on our flight home.

Love her face looking at her dad!  He was a "blind ref." 

"Helping" Mommy cook.  What a big girl!

Daddy's "girl time" with Lily.  He got the tea party part right... if only he'd teach her to use a cup rather than drinking straight from the spout of the teapot.  *sigh*  If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Christmas with cousins Ella and Tyus.  SO MUCH FUN!!!!

New cousin Zion.  Cuteness clearly runs in the family!  So glad he's safely here!!!

Thanks, Ella, for the rides around Grandma's house!  If only Mommy and Daddy liked pulling the wagon as much as you did...

Lily LOVED to "walk" in the snow and asked to do so every time I picked her up.  She followed me while I scooped the walk one afternoon, and she cried when we had to come inside.  

Unbelievable the changes in 2012.  What a blessing to be Lily's mommy.  Sometimes I struggle within myself when I see children whose parents don't or aren't able to take care of them.  It breaks my heart because each child, each individual, is as special as my Lily is.  The big difference, I guess, is that Lily is mine.  And for that reason I love her more than anyone else in the world.  I am so thankful to share the blessing of loving her and the task of raising her with the only person who loves her as much as I love her: my dear husband Chase.  What priceless gifts these two are to me.    

2012 was more than I could have ever dreamed.  Here's to 2013 -may it hold for each of us more smiles, fewer tears, more growth, and fewer fears. 

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment