Tuesday, September 9, 2014

State fair, dance, new computers and more

How does this happen?  How does almost a month pass without a post?  The answer: I don't have time to post.  But the truth is I don't have time NOT to post!  So much that I want to remember, that I want to be able to go back and review has happened, and I need to record it!  

One thing that's been holding me back is that my beloved netbook is biting the dust.  The computer itself is actually ok, but the operating system is no longer supported.  Thus, goodbye netbook.  :(  Today I ordered our new computer, and it should get here in a few days.  That will really help, because posting will go MUCH faster.  Hurray!  :)

Things I want to remember:

CONNOR

This month has been my favorite so far with him.  He's growing like crazy.  I feel like he puts another ounce on his thighs and cheeks every day.  He's so squishy and wonderful!  In the last month he's learned to sit with support, he's becoming really good at grabbing things, and he's so attentive to all that goes on around him.  People always comment on how big his eyes are.  Someone said today that he looks really smart (I mean, OF COURSE he's smart!) because he's so attentive to everything that goes on around him.  

Connor's arms are getting really strong from lifting his big self up all the time when he's laying on his tummy.  He can fully extend and lock his elbows to lift his upper body when he's on his tummy, and he's moving his legs in a crawling motion already, propelling himself forward in his crib.  It won't be long, folks!  Course, he's got to learn to totally sit up on his own first...

I started him on cereal a week or so ago.  He LOVES to eat, and he does not prefer that runny cereal nonsense.  He likes it thick and he likes a lot of it (unless he's too tired).  He likes squash, and prunes help things go smoothly.  I think we'll do sweet potatoes and peas in the coming days.  I suspect they'll go through his lips, past his gums, look out rolls, here it comes!  :)

Connor loves to jump in his jumper thing.  It has springs and he gets so excited when he hops in it.  It makes him so excited that he drools... a lot.  I think if I got that excited I'd drool too!  I love how it takes his whole face to really smile - there is no part of his face that doesn't just glow when he's grinning!

Connor loves to be outside, and soon he'll attend his first football game (one of his cousin's games).  But for now, he's enjoying Husker football and the parties that come with it.  And so is Lily...

First Husker game.  GBR!
LILIANA

Lily is just... amazing.  Every day it's so fun to get up and do life with her.  Lately, she's taken to telling me when she's enjoying something by saying, "Mom, I'm feeling happy."  Isn't that great?!?  Where did she get that?  She has also told me "I'm feeling sad" once or twice, but mostly she's happy.  Like when we were heading to the park, when we got in the car to go to Grandma's house, when she saw the puffy clouds, when she saw the tassels on the corn.  As we pulled out of her babysitter's house this afternoon she told me, "Mom, there's the animals.  I like them: the goats, and the horse, and kitties, and the bunny rabbits..."  (There were only goats and a horse there.  She just started thinking of animals she liked and listing them.  I love her!)

Also lately, when I tell Lily to do something she doesn't want to do, or to not do something she does want to do, she tells me in an inflection I only wish I could convey, "Moooooom, TRUST me.  I need you  to TRUST me."  I fully believe she learned this phrase from me, and she's trying to apply it correctly, except it never quite fits the situation.  It's adorable!

We went to the State Fair on Labor Day, and Lily was SO excited for the fair.  She wanted to see animals, and ride rides, and have cotton candy.  Which was ideal, because that's what fairs are for, right?  As we walked through the entrance gate pushing Connor and her on the double stroller, she told Chase and I, "This is the best day EVER."  Experiencing life through the eyes of a 2 year old is awesome.


At the State Fair I just wanted to ride the Ferris Wheel,
so Chase took me.  What a great guy!

Mom, who went with us, watched the kids
so we could ride the Ferris Wheel.  Thanks Mom!

Lily waiting for her first ride to start - the motorcycles.

She was a good driver!

Her other ride was a car ride.  2 going on 16.

The biggest thing in Lily's life this fall is that we started her in dance class.  It's 30 minutes once a week, but this girl is SO EXCITED!!!  We registered her about 2 weeks ago and got her shoes.  Then last Friday I told her that today, Tuesday, was dance day.  She spent most of Friday and all of Saturday trying to convince me that it was "Twos-day."  (She holds up 2 fingers every time she says "Twos-day.")  By Sunday she understood that she couldn't change days just by willing it to change or trying to convince me, so Sunday and Monday she waited patiently.  

Then today arrived!  First she went to the sitters while I worked, then I picked her up, we did a few things around town, and came home to get ready for DANCE!!!!  Here are the pictures...

Pre-dance energy boost.  Only 26 minutes to go!

Dressed and checking out the outfit in the mirror.
She had to try a few different poses to make sure it looked good.
It did.

At the dance studio, waiting for her class to start!

A good luck kiss and hug from Daddy.

Tap shoes in her bag, she headed off into the dance room.
She didn't even look back, folks.  Totally confident.  Totally precious.
Totally growing up too fast.

In dance class.  She is the one with her back perfectly to the camera,
3rd from the left, closest to the camera.

Daddy watching her do her thing.

It was a lot of fun to watch her "dance."  I would have given a lot to be a fly on the wall in that dance studio.  It seemed like she did the opposite of what everyone else was doing most of the time.  Everyone was sitting still in a circle, she was bouncing about on her knees.  Everyone was standing looking in the mirror, she was sitting looking at the teacher.  Everyone was sitting looking in the mirror, she was standing raising her arms in the air.

When she got out of class, she told me that she obeyed her teacher.  So either she was super obedient and just did everything as soon as her teacher SAID to and before all the other kids figured out what to do, OR she lied.  I'm pretty sure she was fantastic though.  From everything I saw, she was absolutely the perfect ballerina.

So much to remember.  So excited for the new computer to come.  Glad to be caught up on life on the blog again.  To quote Lily, "I'm feeling happy."


No comments:

Post a Comment