Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Settling in


It's been 38 weeks...  And I'm ready for it to be over.  No surprise there, really.  What woman at 38 weeks doesn't want to just go ahead and get the delivery business over and meet the little one who's been growing inside?  

I have thought since the beginning of this whole experience that this little guy was going to be coming early - before his due date.  Really, any time after 37 weeks is what I've been preparing myself for.  So here we are a week after that, and I'm still pregnant.  And I could be for another 3 weeks or so (any time between 38 weeks and 41 weeks is considered full-term).  Who knows?

I want to be impatient.  I want to rush things along.  I want to get this show on the road and get the pain and agony over with so I can enjoy the peace of knowing it all went well and my family all gets to enjoy baby.  

My laundry is caught up to within a day.  My dishes are [almost] always done.  My house hasn't been this clean for this length of time (we're talking like a week!) in I can't tell you how long.  I'm ready.  But then...

Then I think about how easy it is to feed the little guy right now; how even though I wake up multiple times a night to roll over, at least I can go right back to sleep and not have to stay up for an unknown amount of time to nurse the baby; how I can easily pack up my children and head to the park for an hour; how I can prep a meal while daddy and the older two play in the living room; how I can hold all 3 of my children at the same time.  

There is much to be thankful for in these final days.  There are so many reasons not to rush things (not least of which is the last bit of development baby boy needs) and to just enjoy this last little bit of pregnancy.  So I'm trying.  In spite of the back/hip pain... and heartburn... and general discomfort... and...  

And anyway, I'm not really due for another 2 weeks, so bring it on pregnancy!  I'm going to [try] to enjoy it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment