Friday, March 28, 2014

Introducing Connor Samuel Francl

It didn't go like I'd planned.  At.  All.  But there will be time for that story later.  For now, it's enough to know that he's here, we're all safe, and he is ours.  Forever.

Woke up at 3am on 3/27 with contractions.
Picture taken before we left for the hospital in the late morning. 

Connor Samuel Francl takes his first breaths in this world at 5:06am on 3/28/14.
He weighed in at 8lbs, 12.5oz, and was 20 1/2 inches long.
I cannot even express to you how thankful this mama was that he was here!

Skin-to-skin time with mommy right after birth, aaaaand 26 hours of labor.
I feel like I look upset at him, but really we were just getting to know each other.
I *might* have scolded him just a little for being so big and taking so long to come.
But I love him and was SO glad it was over!  Daddy was thrilled it was over too!!!

Daddy gets time with Connor while Mommy got cleaned up.
My boys.  Love them!!!

I remember writing after Lily was born that she is merely on loan from Heaven above.  The same is true for Connor.  What a humbling thing that God entrusted Chase and I with the care of this particular little one.  He is ours, and we are his.  And no one and nothing can ever change that.

There are so many pitfalls in the world, things I don't want Connor to have to face, things he will have to navigate.  I pray, by God's grace, that we equip him to face them well, whatever they may be.  I want to protect him forever.  But I can't.  So we'll just face each day as it comes, because really that's all we can do.

I get Connor today.  That is the only thing I am assured.  And I will cherish today.  And I will cherish my son.

Welcome to the world, Connor Samuel Francl.  It is a brighter place because you're here.

1 comment: