Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Happy Day

I just finished a blizzard from DQ.  A celebratory blizzard.  Chase told me that it's only celebratory if the people whose excitement you're celebrating are with you.  I disagree.

Today started out as a good day.  I got to spend it at home with my kids, and despite my exhaustion from not nearly enough sleep last night, it was delightful.  It only got better when friends stopped by for a play date.  And then...

And then some dear friends of ours shared some amazing news, news we've been praying for, begging for, yearning for, for more almost 9 months. This news has had our friends on a crazy roller coaster with wonderful highs and heart wrenching lows.

But God moves.  And He moves in ways we don't see coming.  And He moves where there seems to be no way.  And He blows our minds!

Our friends still face so much ahead on their roller coaster, but today, this day, I'm celebrating.  Bits of the grief, exhaustion, frustration, and anger I have felt as we have walked beside them these last months melt away as I enjoy the elation of marvelous news.

The news is not mine to share, so I won't.  But cheers, my dear friends - I simply could not feel any more joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment