Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Bible according to Lily

Tonight Lily had her little picture Bible out and was reading to Whitaker while I was changing Connor.  She started at the beginning and each page got a sentence or two.  I was pretty impressed!  She got a lot of it right, and over all it was just adorable:

God made the sun.  It was very beautiful because it was warm.
God made Adam and Eve, and they were not married.  They disobeyed God.
There was a man with a magic sword.
Noah told God to build a big boat.
[I interrupted here and asked if she meant that God told Noah to build a big boat.  I was corrected - "No.  Noah told God!"]
He filled it with all kinds of creatures.
It rained for 40 years.
Then the sun came out and all the people came.
Adam and Eve were there.
And Mary and Joseph came.
There was a bush with fire.
I have lots of Christmas to share, but will save that for another day.  Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment