Saturday, December 6, 2014

These are a few of my favorite things

In no particular order...

  1. A dark home with a lit Christmas tree.  There is nothing so peaceful and warm.
  2. Bells on kitten collars.  Genius.
  3. Pacifiers.  Whoever invented these should be given a Nobel Peace Prize.
  4. Flannel sheets.  Add to that a flannel duvet cover and you're basically sleeping in a heavenly cloud.
  5. Dishwashers.  You have no idea how much time they add to your life until you don't have one.
  6. Great conversation over hot drinks.  I don't know why, but hot drinks make conversation so much better.
  7. Cards.  I know their origins and uses aren't all pure, but a deck of cards and a few friends make for a fantastic evening!
  8. Grandparents.  I am blessed to STILL (at age 30) be enjoying all 4 of my grandparents - they are such mainstays in my life and I am so grateful for them.
  9. Dirty things like clothes, dishes, floors, and bathrooms in my home.  Dirty clothes in the laundry basket mean we have been active and have other clothes to change into; dirty dishes on my table/counter/in my sink mean our tummies are full; dirty floors mean many feet (human and dog and cat) have trod through and I'm grateful for each one; and dirty bathrooms mean that I get to use a toilet, a tub and a sink and I get to use running water to clean them.  I don't always think of these things this way, but it sure helps my attitude when I do!
  10. Naps.  I stink at napping, usually, because I need a LONG time to take a nap to make it worth while.  Except when I'm barely human because I'm so tired, like this morning.  Then I (and the rest of my family) are thankful for naps, whatever length, because I needed one.  Bad.
  11. Toddler minds.  They are so creative and amazing.  Fishing lures (sans hooks) = hours of entertainment.  Elephant starts with "L," or at least it should.  Riding bikes all the way to the park so we can play fetch with our dog (which we could have done at home, but it's so much better to at the park, evidently). Dance parties, coloring books, kitten toys, Christmas lights & ornaments, gold fish, chalk, everything is exciting and new and wonderful.
  12. Bedtime.  Why don't kids like this time of day???  

No comments:

Post a Comment