Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Candida Diet Meal Plan

If you're on the Candida Diet, good luck to you - it is no easy task, and to be honest, I didn't last very long.  But I was always on the hunt to find new recipe ideas.  I did find some things that worked for us for the short time we were on the diet, so I thought I'd share in the hopes that someone might find some benefit.  Good luck to you.

A few notes about our version of the diet - we found that soy sauce wasn't an issue for us, so we used a little soy sauce on the fried rice.  I have actual recipes for these meals that I'd be happy to share - just comment with which recipes you'd like and I'll pass them along.  I know some versions of the diet don't allow things like sweet potatoes and popcorn, but ours did and they were a huge lifesaver!  We ate them often.  I was ALWAYS snacking on pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, and cashews between meals to try to not lose weight.  I didn't lose any, but I ate a TON.  I made double and triple these recipes so that we'd have leftovers, and I ate 5 meals a day, plus snacks.  It was a very expensive diet for us.  :(

Finally, we allowed ourselves one "splurge" per week, usually on Friday night.  In the week below it was the baked apples with cinnamon.  I used green apples and simply cut them up and baked them with a bunch of cinnamon on them.  They were delicious!


SNACKS:  Veggies, seeds, nuts, almond milk, hummus (with veggies), popcorn, olives

FRIDAY
B         Eggs with turkey bacon
L          Salad with chicken/turkey/avocado
D         Black bean and avocado salad, Chicken fajitas over quinoa, yogurt with berries
SATURDAY
B         Cauliflower pancakes
L          Cabbage rolls with squash (make with brown rice)
D         Marinated Fish Steak with colorful roasted veggies
SUNDAY
B         Quiche with turkey bacon and broccoli
L          Beef with cucumber raita and sweet potatoes
D         Salmon Veggie bake
MONDAY
B         Eggs or Millet/quinoa flakes
L          Leftovers
D         Turkey Fried Rice, Relish tray with hummus
TUESDAY
B         Eggs or millet/quinoa flakes
L          Turkey Fried Rice Leftovers
D         Pot Roast with onion, rutabaga, carrots
WEDNESDAY
B         Cauliflower pancakes
L          Salmon loaf and/or leftovers
D         Garbanzo bean soup and/or leftovers
THURSDAY
B         Eggs and turkey bacon
L          “Runzas” over rice with salad
D         Crock pot chicken with rutabaga, carrots, onion, served with Rice
FRIDAY
B         Omelet
L          Chicken vegetable soup
D         Hamburgers with caramelized onions, tomatoes, lettuce, sweet potatoes
DESSERT:  Baked apples with cinnamon!!!  Hurray!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment