Tuesday, November 19, 2013

It's a BOY!!!!

At 20 weeks and 1 day, I was ready.  Ten weeks ago, I was not.  But today, I was ready to learn exactly who I was carrying in my tummy.  Turns out it's my son.  It sounds funny to write, "my son."  Turns out I have a son.  :)  Isn't that great!?!

Do you want to see him?  He's so cute handsome!  Wanna see?...

The Profile

The adorable handsome face of Baby Bit Francl.
I'm a pretty lucky mamma - supportive, wonderful, funny, handsome husband (who isn't as perfect or humble as he'll tell you he is); mostly perfect toddler girl (who is SO ready to be a big sister!); and Baby Bit Boy Francl (who I can tell you is more than a "bit boy," but he's not going to flaunt it here on the blog.  Suffice it to say that both Chase and I had figured out he was a boy before the doctor said a word).

Wondering what a belly shot would look like?  Well, here's 20 weeks:


Pregnancy is good to me.  I feel pretty good, though I'm slightly more tired than usual and MUCH more forgetful than usual.  I am starting to get kicked and punched on a regular basis, so I expect the ability to remember things will COMPLETELY leave me any day now.  (It's so hard to keep a coherent thought going when one is being constantly poked and punched and prodded from the inside...)

Speaking of not being able to keep a thought going, I feel like this is a pretty disjointed post, so why stop now?  Other than Baby Bit, I wanted to blog about what Lily's been learning (or trying to figure out) in the last couple of days.

The lesson for the week for Lily has been the word, "because."  It's not what I decided to try to teach her, but rather the part of language that she's trying to use but can't quite use correctly just yet.  So she's working on it.  She doesn't really get the application of "because" right very often, but she tries.

For example, at supper tonight we had French dip sandwiches, which meant she had roast beef with bread on the side as well as some oranges and peas.  After eating some oranges and peas, she decided she wanted something else (*note* Yogurt was not on the menu - I get to choose what, when and where she eats, she gets to choose if and how much.):

Lily:  Mommy, I want some yogurt.
Me:  No, you may not have yogurt.  Would you like some beans?
Lily:  (with brow furrowed into her frustrated little face) Mommy!  Because I need a Popsicle!
Me:  (Laughing hysterically, because she tries so hard to use "because" in a well-framed argument.)
Lily:  Mommy, stop laughing!!!

I had to leave the room to get my giggles under control.  Later tonight she threw a remote control off the bed.  I told her that she was not to throw remotes and that if she did it again, then she would be in trouble.  She responded (with furrowed, frustrated face), "Because!  Mommy, because!"

I wish there was a way to put inflection into the blog.  She is SO cute when she gets frustrated.  :)

Tonight I'm just enjoying the knowledge that I will someday soon hold my son, and by then Lily will have the word "because" figured out.  And I will enjoy every second of her figuring it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment